Thank you so much to @Olga’s Oddish Obsession for nominating me for the Liebster Award! This is my first ever award and my blog is still pretty new so I’m really pleased someone noticed me, her blog is amazing and you should definitely all check it out!
- Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you.
- Answer the 11 questions that the blogger gave to you.
- Nominate at least 5, but no more than 11 bloggers who you think deserve the award.
- Tell those bloggers you nominated them!
- Create 11 original questions for the next nominees to answer
1. Why do you read if you could be doing anything else?
That’s kind of exactly the point- I could be doing something else, but I’m not, I’m reading. I’m a procrastinator, it’s just what I do
2. Do you consider youself a pessimist or you always the friend to lift up another’s spirits?
I’m definitely very optimistic, if not too optimistic at times!
3. Who is your favorite protagonist and antagonist of all worldly time? (doesn’t have to be from a book)
My favourite protagonist is Yossarian from Catch-22, and my favourite antagonist is General Woundwort from Watership Down (you have to be one heck of a rabbit to believe you can take on a fox!)
4. Do you like being called a nerd or can that seem insulting in a way to you?
I feel like nerd has taken on a whole new meaning- it’s not really uncool to be a ‘nerd’ anymore, so I wouldnt mind it at all.
5. Have you begun to complete a few of your goals for the new year?
I have! I’m trying to take up a new hobby by teaching myself crochet, and I’m starting work on the novel I always said I was going to write (and never did)
6. Are you a sweatpants and large shirt person or do you plan out your tumblr outfit to feel comfortable?
I’m more of a hoodie-stolen-from-the-boyfriend and skinny jeans person myself.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth or bathe in the joy of knowing your gonna live longer?
I definitely have a sweet tooth- after all, what is life without Cadburys Dairy Milk? There’s not much good in living longer and be miserable :p
8. Are you a fan of ordering online or do you prefer going to the store?
I prefer to go into bookshops, but I don’t actually always buy from them rather than online, basically because university is expensive and I can’t always afford to spend that much on a book, but if something catches my eye I’ll generally buy it there and then!
9. Have you ever had the chance to meet an author of your favorite book?
I did meet the author of my favourite two series growing up, Darren Shan (Darren Shan Saga and Demonata novels) about a year ago now, I was beyond excited for it and I think I asked a pretty good question (at least I hope), but I was so nervous about it that I can barely remember what I said!
10. How long have you been reviewing and is it what you expected?
About three or four months now, but only just starting to take it a little more seriously! It’s actually a lot of work alongside and English degree because it is so much reading, not that I’m complaining of course 😉
11. Lastly, what other interests do you have besides reading and/or writing?
Making things, gangster films, and crochet!
And your 11 questions are…
- Why did you first start your blog?
- Which novel really got you into reading?
- What is your favourite TV show character?
- Which literary character is most like you?
- What do you think is the best book to move adaptation?
- Have you kept/broken any of your new years resolutions already?
- If you ever wrote a book, what would it be about?
- Which mythical creature do you wish was real, and why?
- If you went to Hogwarts, which would be your favourite subject?
- If you could meet just one famous person, who would it be?
- Which song would appear on a soundtrack to your life?